Tuesday 29 March 2011

Soho 4:30 a.m Start...Good Coffee a Must!

Cleaning up someone else’s work is always a dirty job. But sometimes we need to be pushed because everything can be made a little bit more beautiful.
A few weeks ago I was called upon for an emergency operation, of a restaurant in Soho that was in need of a face lift...the owner felt that the restaurant was lacking, and perhaps the original idea had not been executed well.
So my team has probably got a dart board with my face as the target. Early morning working days starting from 4am mean sleepy eyes, lots of fags and a loss of sense of humour from them.  Somehow, the rapport between everyone always makes a laugh or two.
So today is lorry day; I was picked up and whisked off in the lorry to deliver the copper frames which need to be treated like exquisite diamonds! Managed to get them in, with lots of commotion and lots of me hanging off the side of a wall or two.

As usual I noticed that the frames were not finished as they were supposed to be, it’s always the people who have the largest bark that never do their job properly!
So the paints on, frames are in and the bar is half done. We are at that dangerous point where people could say ahh... what have you done to our restaurant? So I hold my head high, and don’t let anyone worry my mind and stick to the programme. In a few days time, the end product will be here.
I think myself and my team deserve a very large cholesterol breakfast. When will the day come when I can have an early morning swim and a fruit platter? No really I don’t think I would have ever missed this morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment