Saturday 9 October 2010

Paramount Club

Hello readers! It’s been quite a hectic week. I’ve pitched for a lovely flat in Holland Park (fingers crossed on this one) and been to a few interesting places.  October is the month of a Million birthdays as I seem to know someone who is celebrating their birthday on all 31 days of the month.
Hosting a birthday celebration for a special friend this week led us to the Paramount club
in Centrepoint, London. Located on the 32nd and 33rd floors of this Grade II listed building, The Tom Dixon designed private members club has dizzying 360° views of London. The Maître’d   was very on point and our non vintage champagne was upgraded to vintage for free in recognition of the birthday celebration (quite a nice perk if you ask me). I was pleasantly surprised to find an extremely relaxed environment and exquisite food.








 
Design wise the mix of fine art and graffiti mural on the stairwell leading to the viewing gallery on the 33rd floor was superb and I’d love to know which artist was commissioned to do this. Champagne and design aside, a venture out here for a quick coffee or drink feels equally glamorous in this stunning venue.

Also on my monthly magazine shopping ritual this week, I picked up a copy of the French version of Architectural Digest and stumbled onto a gem of a feature. Lenny Kravitz Paris home which was surprisingly designed by him was completely up my alley as it was eclectic and funky while still preserving the traditional structural elements of the property. A lot of pieces caught my eyes but the one that stood out to me the most was the wall mounted buffet by Paul Evans in the Foyer. 



To view the layout of Lenny’s Paris pad please have a look here.

1 comment:

  1. I Agree the Lenny Kravitz pad is quite eclectic. I have a copy of the architectural digest at home. Maybe one day when I'm rich you can design my house.

    ReplyDelete