Wednesday 20 October 2010

Weekly Chat

Last week was quite an eventful week, apart from the usual office stuff I got to let my hair down by attending a few evening dos. A favourite was the De Grisogono party at the Lancasters development in Bayswater. 
The party was hosted in one of the show flats and I must say I was taken aback by the scale of the double height ceilings which seemed to swallow everything in the room. The bedrooms were a bit disappointing after witnessing such grandness on the lower level, but to each his own. Earlier in the day I visited the Frieze fair in Regent’s park to gawk at some of the weird and wonderful contemporary art collections where such big names like Damien Hirst and Chris Ofili were exhibited alongside other up and coming artists.

A few Pictures from the fair 





                                            Outrageous

Top of my list was definitely my birthday where I was taken to the Tate Modern to view the Gauguin exhibition. Paul Gauguin is one of my favourite painters and some of the art he created during his time in Tahiti fills me with inspiration mainly because he was ground breaking and different at the time; not afraid to follow his dreams and to use his paintings to tell stories. 






After making sure the record  button was on for the X factor, I was off to dinner at Hibiscus in Mayfair and later to the Connaught Bar for a night cap. I can attest that this is a fab bar with the inventive trolley dollies and excellent service. Then again this bar is the creation of iconic Interior designer David Collins whose attention to detail and playfulness runs amok in the joint.


Till next time, Over and out.

2 comments:

  1. Please keep us posted - great hearing what's going on in the London scene from over here in LA. The art and nightlife here just don't quite compare... Tatiana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I will keep you posted nice to hear you like . Take care

    ReplyDelete