Wednesday 25 April 2012

Welcome to Miami

Well what can I say last week I managed at the last min to join a group of friends in Miami to celebrate my childhood friend's birthday. After slagging my Virgin airmiles off because it seemed I could do nothing with them..nearly set fire to the damn card I received an email advertising a Miami seat sale and I was on my way.


 I checked in at the Fontainebleau hotel and I must say it lived up to what one would expect, huge lobby, Saturday night fever floor, gold pillars and the most delicious scent you had ever smelt in a lobby; I most certainly felt like I had stepped into a music video
Hotel Fontainebleau, not my usual choice but well priced and definitely Miami.


Fontainebleau Hotel bar


Soho House was our next meeting point as we mingled to know all of birthday girl's friends. I being a designer couldn't help thinking  umm is it jet lag or was this place missing something? The interior didn't seem to have a Miami vibe.

Soho beach house Miami

The next day was a day for lounging on the beach and generally getting to grip with the fact Americans were so far ahead of us Brits in terms of customer service. Watering cans on the beach and drinks on demand…amazing. If anyone doesn't understand the watering can thing apparently they were for washing your sandy feet.

The next couple of days were just what the doctor ordered, good food and most of all a laugh.  Infact I don't think I had laughed like that and let my hair down for quite a while.

On my must see list the was the late Gianni Versace's mansion and I must say I wasn't disappointed by what I saw. Next on the list was a walk down the boardwalk, dancing in the lobby of Fontainebleau, skinny dipping in the rain,  visiting the design district, breakfast in Balans on Lincoln rd, visiting the
W hotel and the Setai.


Versace Mansion

The Setai

Hakkasan Miami


On my final night I went to Hakkasan for dinner before boarding my flight back to London in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment