Wednesday 22 June 2011

Colour blocking








A few months ago in Rome, I started to feel a new trend growing in the fashion world. Colour blocking which involves combining two or more blocks of colour in an ensemble.  Simply it means – creating an outfit by putting areas or blocks of solid color next to each other. It can include monotone, bright colours, muted colors, contrasting and complimentary colors. Clothes, shoes, handbags and accessories can all feature color block designs or can make up different blocks of color to be put together for a color block outfit.









It took a while for this trend to catch on, but I have been noticing a slew of celebrities following the colour blocking trend since the summer season began. 










Fashion houses such including Gucci and Prada are increasingly embracing this fashion trend and it has been the inspiration for one of my projects I'm working on at the moment.  My latest commercial project, which I will give you a sneak peak of is very much fashion forward, as I wanted to create a glamorous  yet inviting environment. The idea behind the design was to be fun, fashionable and appealing. While designing, I envisioned girls in jumpsuits and gold stilettos, ...wanting a little taste of a trendy restaurant without breaking the bank.








I hope you enjoyed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment