Wednesday 4 May 2011

Barbados break

What is five star? Some think it's impeccable service,amazing environment, delicious food or all inclusive freebies. We want all these luxuries but alas our world is changing and we end up wanting more, myself included. Let's take Barbados, which is considered to be an idyllic paradise. I can safely say after being here for the last 3 days that it's not far off it, but for me it is paradise in neglect.



I find myself looking at the ageing properties that remind me of glamorous ageing movie stars of yesteryears. Theses properties need love and attention; most of all this island needs innovative architects and designers to enhance the natural beauty that already exists. The people here are so perfect, warm and inviting. The trees are wayward and intriguing and the sea is crystal clear. The architecture needs to be influenced by these elements in order to create stunning structures.


The Asian architects and designers have created some of the most beautiful first class hotels in the world and if you have experienced some of them Barbados will pale in comparison. Despite some of these drawbacks, this island has something special which can't be bought or
built and that is it's camaraderie and individualism.



I hope that I get a crack at bringing that new movie star glam back to the island in some designs in the near distant future because it's crying out for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment