Thursday 6 January 2011

Luxury Boutiques

Happy New Year to you all!!!

I'm back in London after a skiing trip in France with some friends and I must say I'm really upbeat about the new year. I have a few photo shoots in my home this week for Company Magazine and the Evening Standard so I'm a bit stressed.
For some relief I decided that retail therapy was needed as I walked around some shops looking for killer pieces to cheer me up. Unfortunately  I missed the beginning of the sale period and all that was left on the shelves were the items that no one including myself desired. While on Bond Street, I noticed some of the boutiques had relocated (Mulberry, Miu Miu, Dior... probably due to lease expirations) to bigger and newer shops on the same street. This had me thinking about how much I love fashion and how it plays a big part in my professional life. Below are some inspiring and interesting boutiques and fashion houses around the world, some for architecture and others for interiors.

Gucci
Sloane Street/ London
Frida Giannini
I love the use of structure of the interiors as well as the brilliant use of gold and marble throughout. a mind blowing store.

Reiss
Barret Street/ London
Squire & Partners
The front facade of the building is designed to be alter the buildings appearance at night. It can just be seen in the distance as one walks up Oxford street at night.


Armani
5th Avenue/ New York
Doriana and Massimiliano Fukas
What can I say? The stairs, the stairs

Zegna
Peking Road/ Hong Kong
Peter Marino  
Use of LEDs here is unparralleled. Reportedly Marino has a team of 150 who scour the world looking for all the latest and best the design world has to offer.


Asprey
Bond Street/ London
Foster and Partners / David Mlinaric
Breathtaking architecture by Lord Foster with the sweeping staircase and glass dome.




Maison Louis Vuitton
Bond Street/ London
Peter Marino
Two buildings joined together with a brand new internal shell to preserve original features. There are so many talking points here and I think possibly Peter Marino's finest retail space.

Bape
Los Angeles
Wonderwall
This just edged the Bape store in Hong Kong because of the magnificent centrepiece, Wonderwall always seem to come up with groundbreaking ideas

Tory Burch
Bond street / London
Daniel Romualdez
Recently visited this store, it's feels very individual and not so corporate like a lot of fashion houses that are popping up. kudos to Tory who is a former Interior designer herself.


Joseph
Westbourne Grove / London
Raed Abillama Architects
Minimalist bliss

Lane Crawford
Pacific Place / Hong Kong
Yabu Pushelberg 
One of the best department store in the world on par with Barneys and Selfridges



Hope you enjoyed reading about some of my favourite fashion stores. As the year rolls on, I will be writing more frequently.



No comments:

Post a Comment